Friday, April 10, 2020

7 Things You Should Know As A Female Pallbearer Pallbearers Outfit

7 Things You Should Know As A Female Pallbearer

7 Things You Should Know As A Female Pallbearer

I unfortunately had to attend a funeral this week andI was asked to be a pallbearer. I was initially concerned as a petite girl, I wouldn't have the physical and emotional strength required.

While I was internally debating whether to be a pallbearer or not, I found a lot of unhelpful/inaccurate stuff on Google. So here's a genuine pallbearer experience from a petite woman to help the next female pallbearer make their decision.

Note: I use a lot of gendered language in this article, because this is my personal experience as a cis petite female pallbearer. If you dress in a femme way or don't identify as male, some of this article still may apply. No matter your gender identity or expression, if you want to be a pallbearer at a funeral of someone you were close to, don't let gendered expectations hold you back.

1. As long as you feel comfortable, do it.

This may be the last chance you can do something for the deceased person you knew well. Consider breaking a gendered stereotype and be a pallbearer.

Do you identify as female and have been a pallbearer at a funeral? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

close